Your After Hours Care Options
- Mount Vernon Internal Medicine’s hours are generally 8am to 5pm, however, we offer extended hours Monday and Tuesday at the Alexandria Office until 7pm.
- Our phones are open from 7am to 6:30 pm Monday and Tuesday also so that we are able to assist with your medical needs.
- For urgent needs after office hours there is a physician from the practice on call that can be contacted through our answering service by calling our main number 703-780-2800. The physician on call will contact you within 15 minutes. Please note you may be charged a $25.00 fee for use of the after hour’s line.
- Please DO NOT use patient portal messaging for urgent issues on the weekend or after hours. Those messages will not be received or returned during non-office hours. Messages received during non-office hours will be returned the next business day.
- If you do not feel your symptoms require an emergency room visit, but require medical attention on the weekend or when our office is closed, please head to the nearest urgent care office. Please note we are not affiliated with these Urgent care offices and it is your choice where you seek care.
- To see a list of Urgent or Immediate Care Offices near you, click here.
To help you determine what type of after hours care is appropriate, please use the following guidelines below. Please note this is a SUGGESTION of treatment and not a requirement: