Mount Vernon Internal Medicine has been providing quality care to patients, who are 14 years and older, in the Northern Virginia area since 1976.
Our Internal Medicine physicians provide comprehensive and general medical care for acute and chronic illnesses such as, heart disease, asthma, migraines, gastrointestinal complications, arthritis, sinus infections, common colds and many more.
Our Internal Medicine care includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical examinations
- Routine and Sick Appointments
- Pre-operative examinations
- Well-woman examinations
- Cardiac evaluations: Mount Vernon Internal Medicine is partnered with Diagnostic Partners to provide state-of-the-art in house cardiac testing to include: Echocardiograms, Venours Dopplers, Carotid Artery Dopplers and even Thyroid Sonograms.
- Annual Wellnes visits for Medicare
- State of the Art, CLIA certified Laboratory services
- Onsite labs with full-time phlebotomist
Our Endocrinology services include, but are not limited to:
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- FNA procedures
- Insulin Pumps
- CGM monitors
- Over and Underactive Thyroid disorders
- Pituitary conditions and related disorders
- Diabetic, Nutrition and Obesity counseling
The Doctor will be delighted to fill out any medications for patients. However, ample time must be given. It will take approximately one to two business days for the forms to be completed. You will need to come to the office to pick them up or supply us with a self addressed and stamped envelope to receive the forms via mail. Please note there is a $25.00 charge per form to be completed.
Payments of all co-pay’s, deductibles, and/or coinsurance are due at the time of service. As a service to you, our office will bill your insurance company. Being a participating provider with most insurances, the insurance companies require that we collect these fees, as they are terms of your health care contract. Additionally, patients are ultimately responsible for all balances. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards, as well as accept online payments through our patient portal.
Due to the constant changes in health insurance it is your responsibility to know your health coverage. If you should have any questions if a certain procedure or test is covered, it is to your advantage to contact your insurance company and find out exactly what your contract covers. Their customer service representatives will be happy to assist you. Please note that when a provider orders any testing for you it is because they think it will benefit you not because they know it is covered by your insurance.
Visit the NCQA website for more information on a patient centered medical home and what it means for you.